★★★★★ 1 vote5
- can of condensed milk, fat-free or regular
- 8 oz
- cream cheese softened, can use fat-free
- 3/4 c
- pineapple juice
- 1 pinch
- 1 1/4 c
- 3/4 c
- sugar(cannot use sugar substitute)
How to Make PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE FLAN
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then using a mixer,blend in the eggs, condensed milk, softened cream cheese, pineapple juice, and pinch of salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- 2Using a 3 qt Corningware casserole(it's what I use, but if you have another mold you can put on both stove top and oven, you can use that too.), put in water and sugar. Heat until sugar is boiling. When it turns golden brown(makes a caramel), and using pot holders, swirl the caramel so that all sides and bottom of mold are completely coated. This prevents the flan from sticking.
- 3Pour the mixture into the mold. Put the mold onto a pan half-way full of water(Bain Marie) and put in oven for 45- 55 mins. When you insert a knife into the middle of the flan, and the knife comes out dry, the flan is done.
- 4Again using potholders, place a serving platter over the mold, and quickly turn it over. It can be a little tricky. If the flan sticks, turn it back and carefully run a knife around the edge of the mold to loosen the flan. Then turn the mold upside down again over the platter. Cool and serve.This is NOT a low calorie dessert.