Pistachio Pudding Dessert
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- ritz crackers
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine (i always use butter)
- 1 small
- instant pistachio pudding
- 1 small
- instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 qt
- vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/8 oz
- cool whip
- chopped nuts, chopped cherries, shaved chocolate
How to Make Pistachio Pudding Dessert
- 1Set ice cream out to thaw. I use 1/2 of a 1.5 qt of any kind of vanilla ice cream.
- 2Place stick of butter in a 9x13 pan and melt in the oven on low temperature. While butter is melting, crush crackers with a rolling pin. Mix melted butter and crackers together and pat down evenly in the pan. Put back in oven for 8-10 minutes until crispy but not brown.
- 3In a seperate bowl mix together pistachio and vanilla pudding with milk. Add a drop of green food coloring if desired. Fold in ice cream. Pour mixture over crumb crust and refrigerate for one hour to set.
- 4After one hour spread Cool Whip on pudding/ice cream layer. If desired, sprinkle chopped nuts or cherries or shaved chocolate for decoration. Chill for couple hours before serving.