Quick and Easy Strawberry Sauce
How to Make Quick and Easy Strawberry Sauce
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine juice from strawberries and cornstarch.
- 2Cook over, medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- 3Add lemon juice, if desired. Cook 2 minutes longer.
- 4Add strawberries to the saucepan and heat to serving temperature. Do not overcook the strawberries.
- 5Serve with my Strawberry-Lemon Curd Trifle and as a dessert sauce for pound cake, strawberry shortcake, pancakes & waffles, angel food cake or ice cream. Yummy –and easy!
- 6NOTE 1: You can puree the strawberries before cooking if you want it less chunky –I like the larger pieces myself, but understand some may want it smoother.
- 7NOTE 2: Sometimes it is hard to find the sliced, frozen strawberries with juice in the 16 oz. package. You can almost always find the 10 oz. packages. So, if you can't find the 16 oz. size, you can either use the 10 oz. package or two 10 oz. packages. In that case, you might want to decrease the cornstarch to 1-1/2 teaspoons (for the 10 oz. pkg) or increase it to 2-1/2 teaspoons if you use two 10 oz pkgs (20 oz.), for desired thickness.