Vanilla Ice Cream Pie with Caramel Sauce
- prepared graham crust
- 2 pt
- vanilla icecream
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped pecans, plus extra for serving
- peanut butter cups, chopped
- peanut butter crunch candy bars, chopped
- 1 c
- packd brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- half and half
- 4 Tbsp
- (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Vanilla Ice Cream Pie with Caramel Sauce
- 1Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it soften slightly. Mix in the pecans, peanut butter cups and peanut butter candy bars. Pour the ice cream mixture into the crust. Cover with foil and freeze until very hard, about 1-2 hours.
- 2For the sauce: Mix the brown sugar, half and half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, while whisking, until thicker, 5-7 minutes. Add vanilla and cook another minute to thicken. Pour the sauce into a jar and refrigerate until cold. The sauce will thicken as it gets colder.
- 3Spoon the caramel sauce over slices of pie and sprinkle with pecans.