Fresh Cherry Pie
How to Make Fresh Cherry Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cherries and sugar; add the cornstarch and mix to combine.
- 3Add the cherry mixture into a unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle the almond extract over the mixture and dot with butter.
- 4Cover the cherry pie mixture with top crust and seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top crust. Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil to prevent burning. Remove the foil strips 10 minutes before pie is done baking.
- 5Bake 45-60 minutes or until juice bubbles through the slits in the pie crust. Cool on a wire.
- 6Eat it slightly warm with a scoop of ice cream.....Yummm!