Fresh Cherry Pie
How to Make Fresh Cherry Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cherries and sugar; add the cornstarch and mix to combine.
- Add the cherry mixture into a unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle the almond extract over the mixture and dot with butter.
- Cover the cherry pie mixture with top crust and seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top crust. Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil to prevent burning. Remove the foil strips 10 minutes before pie is done baking.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until juice bubbles through the slits in the pie crust. Cool on a wire.
- Eat it slightly warm with a scoop of ice cream.....Yummm!