White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake
This is adapted from Dorie Greenspan.
- 2 -1/2 c
- vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 c
- chopped macadamia nuta
- 3 Tbsp
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 4 box
- (8 ounces) each, cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/3 c
- heavy cream
- 4 oz
- white chocolate, melted and cooled
How to Make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake
- 1Stir the crumbs, nuts, sugar and salt together in a medium bowl.
Pour over the melted butter and stir until all of the dry ingredients are moist.
Press crumb mixture into a buttered spring form pan.
Put the pan in the freezer while oven is preheating to 350 degrees.
- 2Place spring form pan on a baking sheet. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
Set crust aside to cool on a rack.
Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is soft, about 4 minutes on low speed.
Add the sugar and the salt and continue to beat another 4 minutes, until the cream cheese is light, on low speed.
Beat in the vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition, on low speed. Stir in the heavy cream.
Pour in the cooled melted white chocolate.
Stir into batter with a rubber spatula.
- 4Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour, 15 minutes to 1 hour, 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
Cool on a rack.
When cake is cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Remove cake from spring form pan when chilled and garnish with chopped macadamia nuts.
- 6Use a water bath to prevent cracks in cake.