White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake
This is adapted from Dorie Greenspan.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 -1/2 cvanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 cchopped macadamia nuta
6 Tbspunsalted butter, melted
·pinch of salt
4 box(8 ounces) each, cream cheese, room temperature
4large eggs, room temperature
1-1/3 cheavy cream
4 ozwhite chocolate, melted and cooled
How to Make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake
- Stir the crumbs, nuts, sugar and salt together in a medium bowl.
Pour over the melted butter and stir until all of the dry ingredients are moist.
Press crumb mixture into a buttered spring form pan.
Put the pan in the freezer while oven is preheating to 350 degrees.
- Place spring form pan on a baking sheet. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
Set crust aside to cool on a rack.
Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is soft, about 4 minutes on low speed.
Add the sugar and the salt and continue to beat another 4 minutes, until the cream cheese is light, on low speed.
Beat in the vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition, on low speed. Stir in the heavy cream.
Pour in the cooled melted white chocolate.
Stir into batter with a rubber spatula.
- Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour, 15 minutes to 1 hour, 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
Cool on a rack.
When cake is cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove cake from spring form pan when chilled and garnish with chopped macadamia nuts.
- Use a water bath to prevent cracks in cake.