Double Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
Recipe from My Recipes.
Photo from Baking with Sibella.
1-1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs (about 12 crackers)
1- 1/2 tspcinnamon
6 Tbspmelted butter
4 pkg(8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1(8 ounces) container sour cream
1 cchopped white chocolate baking bars, melted
1/4 tspalmond extract
1 pkg(6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
3/4 cfirmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cchopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cbutter, melted
How to Make Double Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
- Stir together first 4 ingredients; press crumb mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
Add sour cream and vanilla, beating just until smooth.
- Divide batter in half; fold white chocolate and almond extract into 1 portion.
Pour into prepared crust.
Fold semi-sweet chocolate into remaining half of batter.
Drop chocolate batter evenly over white chocolate layer; gently swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until almost set.
Remove pan from oven, and run a knife around edge of pan to loosen sides.
Cool on a wire rack.
- TOPPING: Combine brown sugar, pecans and butter in a small bowl.
Sprinkle over cooled cheesecake.
Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Store in refrigerator.
Tip: A little swirling goes a long way. If you're looking for the perfect marbled effect, don't overwork your batter. Too much swirling will cause a muddy look rather than the distinct color contrast you're looking for.