How to Carve a Watermelon Basket
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·pencil or marker
·toothpicks-solid round ones
How to Make How to Carve a Watermelon Basket
- Choose a watermelon that's a shape and size fitting for the table.
Cut a thin slice from the bottom to provide a stable base.
- Draw the outlines for the heart basket with a fine/medium point waterproof marker or a sharp pencil before you cut.
Halve the watermelon lengthwise with a straight, jagged, or wavy line.
- Leave a thick handle to "hold" the basket up from the center. (optional)
Use a knife or decorating tool to cut out the edges. Be careful not to cut through the handle.
- Carefully remove the top quarter sections when the cutting is complete.
Save the cut-out pieces for later. Trim the flesh from the inside of the handle.
- Cut out hearts or other designs from the rind you removed to decorate the outside of the basket and attach them with toothpicks.
- Fill with your favorite fruit, or, just follow the instructions of the watermelon fruit basket.