1 pkg(4 ounces) german's chocolate
1 pkg(3 ounces) cream cheese
1/2 cplus 1 tbsp. flour, unsifted
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cchopped nuts
1/4 tspalmomd extract
How to Make German Cream Cheese Brownies
- Melt chocolate and 3 tbsp. butter over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cream remaining butter with the cream cheese until softened.
Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
Stir in one egg, 1 tbsp. flour and 1/2 tsp. vanilla until blended. Set aside.
Beat remaining eggs until fluffy and light in color.
Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup sugar, beating until thickened.
- Fold in baking powder, salt and remaining 1/2 cup flour.
Blend in cooled chocolate mixture.
Stir in nuts, almond extract and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla.
Measure 1 cup chocolate batter and set aside.
- Spread remaining chocolate batter in a greased 8 or 9 inch square pan.
Pour cheese mixture over the top.
Drop measured chocolate from tablespoon onto the cheese mixture; swirl the mixtures together with a spatula just to marble.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
Cool. Cut into bars or squares.
Cover and store in refrigerator.