Nonna Rosa's Biscotti
Nonna Rosa is my grandchildren's moniker for me. "Grandma Rose"...they like softer chewier version!
- 4 Tbsp
- butter (optional-only use for chewy biscotti...no butter makes the traditional crisp crunchy biscotti)
- 3/4 c
- whole eggs
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking power
- 1 pinch
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans or almonds
- 1 c
- chocolate semi-sweet chips melted
How to Make Nonna Rosa's Biscotti
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
Butter and dust baking sheet with flour to prevent sticking.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar(if butter is used) and add to eggs. Beat well. Mix in vanilla.
Add flour/salt/baking powder and nuts and mix well.
Shape into two small loaves and bake for 30 minutes or until tops are golden. Remove from oven.
- 3Let loaves cool slightly and slice on diagonal 1 inch slices.
Return the slices to baking pan and place in oven again...lower oven temp. to 250 degrees.
Bake for additional 15 minutes turning slices once while cooking.
Cool on racks. Dip top edges in melted chocolate and let dry.
These will keep in parchment or an airtight container for several days :)