My Mom would make these every year at Christmas time and hide them in the freezer so they wouldn't disappear before company came...LOL
Well my brothers and sisters and I found her hiding spot and would sneak into the coconut swirl stash and eat to our hearts content....and the funny thing is she had to know BUT never said a word...come to think of it I want some now...
- 1/3 c
- butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 c
- instant nonfat dry powdered milk
- 3 c
- coconut, flaked
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Coconut Swirls
- 1Melt butter on low heat in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in water and vanilla.
- 2Combine powdered sugar and milk powder; stir 1/2 cup at a time into butter mixture until smooth. Stir in coconut.
- 3Drop by teaspoonfuls or roll into balls and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4Chill about 20 minutes.
- 5Melt chocolate chips in microwave and stir until smooth. Swirl with melted chocolate.
Store in the refrigerator or freezer!! :))
They are VERY good frozen too!!