Nutter Butter Bon Bons
1 pkgnutter butter cookies
1 pkg8oz cream cheese, softened
1 pkgmilk chocolate chips
·please note: you can change the type of cookie and the chocolate to suit your taste and preferences. oreos with white chocolate, etc. so many possibilities...
How to Make Nutter Butter Bon Bons
- Finely crush cookies. You can do this in a blender, food processor or using a large baggie and a rolling pin. If using a blender or processor, it seems to work best to break the cookies in half and blend only about 6 cookies at a time.
- Put cookie crumbs in a large bowl. Add softened cream cheese. Combine with hands to fully incorporate the cream cheese.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper. Form small bite sized balls out of the dough and place on wax paper.
- Place cookie sheet of cookie balls in freezer.
- Empty contents of the milk chocolate chips into microwave safe bowl with shortening. Heat for 1 minute; stir. Heat for additional 30 seconds, stir. Continue heating in 30 second increments until fully melted, stirring well between each heating period.
- Remove cookie balls from freezer. Using two forks, dip into melted chocolate, covering well and letting excess chocolate drip from the ball. Place onto wax paper.
- Once all cookies have been covered, let set up (I put them back in the freezer for about 5 - 10 minutes). Once chocolate is set, place in storage container with lid.
- I store these in the fridge, but when it's time to serve them, I take them out about 20 minutes ahead of time.