Nutter Butter Bon Bons
- 1 pkg
- nutter butter cookies
- 1 pkg
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg
- milk chocolate chips
- please note: you can change the type of cookie and the chocolate to suit your taste and preferences. oreos with white chocolate, etc. so many possibilities...
- 1/4 c
How to Make Nutter Butter Bon Bons
- 1Finely crush cookies. You can do this in a blender, food processor or using a large baggie and a rolling pin. If using a blender or processor, it seems to work best to break the cookies in half and blend only about 6 cookies at a time.
- 2Put cookie crumbs in a large bowl. Add softened cream cheese. Combine with hands to fully incorporate the cream cheese.
- 3Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper. Form small bite sized balls out of the dough and place on wax paper.
- 4Place cookie sheet of cookie balls in freezer.
- 5Empty contents of the milk chocolate chips into microwave safe bowl with shortening. Heat for 1 minute; stir. Heat for additional 30 seconds, stir. Continue heating in 30 second increments until fully melted, stirring well between each heating period.
- 6Remove cookie balls from freezer. Using two forks, dip into melted chocolate, covering well and letting excess chocolate drip from the ball. Place onto wax paper.
- 7Once all cookies have been covered, let set up (I put them back in the freezer for about 5 - 10 minutes). Once chocolate is set, place in storage container with lid.
- 8I store these in the fridge, but when it's time to serve them, I take them out about 20 minutes ahead of time.