- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- white cake mix (dry)
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 c
- dry candied fruit (sold in clear plastic tub at christmas time for friut cakes)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- each: baking powder and baking soda
- tiny bottle rum ( like on airplanes)
How to Make Spirited Fruitcake Gift and bake in a jar
- 1In a bowl mix everything but the candied fruit and the rum. put in a baggy. Add candied fruit to a second baggy.
In the widemouth jar add the rum bottle then fit in the two baggies. close lid and decorate and place a tag saying the below info.
- 2Spirited Fruit cake (You bake in a jar)
take everything from the jar and place the two baggies contents in a bowl. Add the following
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon water
Mix well and put in the sprayed jar in a small baking dish to stablize the jar in the oven. Do not put lid on it. Cook at 325 degrees for 35 minutes. take from oven and let sit 10 minutes. Run knife around jar and remove the fruitcake. If you prefer spirited fruit cake you then put it in alumium foil or plastic wrap and add as much of the rum you desire and place in fridge for a few days to absorb the rum. slice and serve. Any leftover rum goes great with OJ.