★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 3 pkg
- (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 c
- eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract (i do not use imitation vanilla)
- 5 oz
- semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 2 1/2 oz
- white chocolate
- 1/3 c
- strawberries, mashed and sweeten to taste
- 2 tsp
How to Make Neapolitan Cheesecake
- 1Combine crumbs and 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- 2Press crumb mixture into bottom of ungreased 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 3Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth with electric mixer. Add and beat in eggs one at a time. Fold in vanilla.
- 4Divide cream cheese mixture into 3 equal portions, about 1 2/3 cups each.
- 5Melt 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate; stir into one portion of cream cheese mixture.
- 6Melt 2 oz. white chocolate; stir into second portion of cream cheese mixture.
- 7Stir sweetened strawberry mixture into last portion of cream cheese mixture.
- 8Spread semi-sweet chocolate mixture evenly over cooled crust. Then, carefully spread white chocolate over semi-sweet chocolate mixture. And lastly, spread strawberry cream cheese mixture over white chocolate cream cheese mixture.
- 9Place cheesecake into preheated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is nearly set.
- 10Remove from oven and immediately run knife around edge. Cool completely and remove springform pan ring.
- 11Just before serving, melt remaining semi-sweet chocolate with remaining butter and 1 teaspoon of shortening. Cool 2 minutes. Melt remaining white chocolate and 1 teaspoon of shortening. Cool. Drizzle over cheesecake.
- 12Optional: Garnish with fresh strawberries around entire bottom edge of cheesecake.