★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cchocolate wafer crumbs
5 Tbspbutter, melted
3 pkg(8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
3eggs, room temperature
1 tspvanilla extract (i do not use imitation vanilla)
5 ozsemi-sweet baking chocolate
2 1/2 ozwhite chocolate
1/3 cstrawberries, mashed and sweeten to taste
How to Make Neapolitan Cheesecake
- Combine crumbs and 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of ungreased 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth with electric mixer. Add and beat in eggs one at a time. Fold in vanilla.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into 3 equal portions, about 1 2/3 cups each.
- Melt 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate; stir into one portion of cream cheese mixture.
- Melt 2 oz. white chocolate; stir into second portion of cream cheese mixture.
- Stir sweetened strawberry mixture into last portion of cream cheese mixture.
- Spread semi-sweet chocolate mixture evenly over cooled crust. Then, carefully spread white chocolate over semi-sweet chocolate mixture. And lastly, spread strawberry cream cheese mixture over white chocolate cream cheese mixture.
- Place cheesecake into preheated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is nearly set.
- Remove from oven and immediately run knife around edge. Cool completely and remove springform pan ring.
- Just before serving, melt remaining semi-sweet chocolate with remaining butter and 1 teaspoon of shortening. Cool 2 minutes. Melt remaining white chocolate and 1 teaspoon of shortening. Cool. Drizzle over cheesecake.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh strawberries around entire bottom edge of cheesecake.