My Very Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
·3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
·3 cups of granulated sugar
·1 1/4 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
·4 tsps of baking powder
·3 tsps of baking soda
·1 tsp of salt
·1 cup of milk
·1/2 cup of vegetable or canola oil
·5 tsps of vanilla extract
·2 cups of hot coffee
How to Make My Very Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake pans and papers or 2 - 9 inch round cake pans or 1 - 13x9 cake pan, with a baking spray such as Bakers Joy with flour.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment of your Kitchen Aid, stir through flour mixture until well combined.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add the coffee. Beat on high for 1 minute.
- Distribute cake batter evenly among pan(s) or fill cupcake papers 3/4 full.
For cupcakes----bake for 15 minutes, test for doneness.
For cakes-----bake for 30 minutes, then test for doneness.
Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean, it's done. For cupcakes...lightly touch the center on top and if it springs back, they're done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pans and then allow to cool completely.
- ***IMPORTANT NOTES**** This cake batter will become very runny after you add the coffee. It's ok. It's supposed to be that way. The results will be a very moist and delicious tasting cake.