★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 oz
- softened cream cheese
- 2 1/3 c
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2
- squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 6 oz
- semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Marble Squares
- 1In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and softened cream cheese until well blended.
- 2Blend in one egg.
- 3In a sauce pan, combine water, margarine, and chocolate squares;bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- 4Add (to chocolate mixture) combined remaining sugar and flour, mixing well.
- 5Blend in remaining eggs, sour cream, baking soda and salt.
- 6Pour into greased jelly roll pan (15x10) OR 9x13 pan.
- 7Spoon cream cheese mixture over chocolate batter, cutting through with a knife several times for marble effect.
- 8Sprinkle with chocolate chip pieces.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Cool and cut into squares.