★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 ozsoftened cream cheese
2 1/3 csugar
1 1/2squares unsweetened chocolate
1/2 csour cream
1 tspbaking soda
6 ozsemi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Marble Squares
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and softened cream cheese until well blended.
- Blend in one egg.
- In a sauce pan, combine water, margarine, and chocolate squares;bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add (to chocolate mixture) combined remaining sugar and flour, mixing well.
- Blend in remaining eggs, sour cream, baking soda and salt.
- Pour into greased jelly roll pan (15x10) OR 9x13 pan.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over chocolate batter, cutting through with a knife several times for marble effect.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chip pieces.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into squares.