Gluten Free Angel Food Cake
1/3 ccoconut flour
7 1/3 Tbsparrowroot (this is 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons)
2/3 ccoconut palm sugar or xylitol or mixture of the two
1 1/2 cegg whites (about 12)
1 1/2 tspcream of tartar
3/4 ccoconut palm sugar or xylitol or mixture of the two
1 1/2 tspvanilla
1/2 tspalmond extract
How to Make Gluten Free Angel Food Cake
- If using the coconut palm sugar, process in your food process to make the grains finer.
- With a wire whip, mix the coconut flour, arrowroot and 2/3 cup of sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt together. Whip till foamy and then slowly add (2 tablespoons at a time) the 3/4 cup sugar. Continue to whip till you have stiff peaks.
- With a spatula or wire whisk, fold in the vanilla and almond extract
- With spatula or a wire whisk, carefully fold the flour mixture into the egg white mixture adding 2-3 tablespoons at a time.
- Pour into a clean tube pan. Bake at 375 for 30-35 min. Top will spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove from oven and invert to cool. If your tube pan as feet, you are all set. If not, invert over a bottle. Remove from pan when completely cooled.