Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
The original recipe said to use chocolate and almond shortbread cookies for the crust. I didn't have those. I had chocolate teddy grahams. They worked fine.
I also had the neufchatel cheese ("lite" cream cheese), not regular cream cheese. Is it light? Who knows? And really, its a cheesecake. There's little if anything light about a cheesecake. However, the neufchatel cheese works fine.
- 1 1/2 c
- oreo cookies, crushed (can use chocolate teddie grahams, instead)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 6 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz
- dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 c
- heavy cream, cold
- 4 pkg
- cream cheese (8oz each)
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk ( 14 oz can)
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 4 large
How to Make Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 300. Combine crushed cookies and butter. Press mixture on bottom of 9-inch springform pan. I normally line the bottom of the pan with parchment or wax paper, after spraying the whole thing with Pam or cooking spray. Your choice. Using the paper makes it easier to remove the cake from the pan bottom.
- 2Microwave chocolate and cream on high for about 2 minutes, or until melted, stirring at 30 second intervals.
- 3Beat cream cheese at medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, beating until combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed until just blended after each addition. Add chocolate mixture, beating until blended. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- 4Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is set. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake sit in oven with door closed for another 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven and gently run a knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake to loosen from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan sitting on a wire rack (1 to 3 hours). Cover and place in refrigerator at least 8 hours.
- 5Remove sides of pan and place cheesecake on a serving plate. Slowly pour warm ganache over cheesecake, spreading to edges. The ganache recipe can be found here: Chocolate Ganache.
Chill at least 1 hour before serving.