Be My Valentine Shortcake
They turned out wonderful...wish the pictures would have shown better, but you get the idea!
Chocolate and strawberries go so well together..this was a tasty and pretty dish..
The recipe can be halved. If only making a few. I froze the remainder of the cakes, for a later use.
You could also just make a few larger ones or share a big one with your sweetie!
- 3 1/2 c
- bisquick mix, or whatever brand you prefer
- 2/3 c
- plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 c
- baking cocoa, i used hershey's
- 1/3 c
- butter, melted
- egg white
- 2 1/2 pt
- fresh strawberries
- 2 c
- whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 c
- chocolate syrup, i used hershey's
How to Make Be My Valentine Shortcake
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- 6In a mixing bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
Before serving, split the shortcakes horizontally , spoon a couple large tablespoons of whipped cream and then some strawberries.
Add the top. Spoon more whipped cream, then drizzle with chocolate syrup. Add a whole strawberry to the top.