THE FULL ENGLISH
Recipe from: jamieoliver.com
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- good quality pork and leek sausages (may substitute)
- field mushrooms, wiped (may substitute button)
- 2 small
- tomatoes, scored on top
- 250 g
- dry cured back bacon (a little over 1/2 pound)
- 170 g
- black pudding, sliced (3/4 cup)
- 1 can(s)
- baked beans (14 or 15 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp
- 6 large
- eggs, prefeably free-range or organic, cracked into a bowl and beaten
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pkg
- thick-sliced bread for toasting
How to Make THE FULL ENGLISH
- 1Preheat the grill to high. Set the oven to its lowest heat and pop 2 plates in to keep warm. Put the sausages, mushrooms, and tomatoes, scored-side up, onto a large grill pan and place under the grill, about 2 inches from the heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning the sausages once or twice.
- 2Add the bacon and black pudding to the pan and grill for 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until they are cooked and crispy. Put the baked beans in a saucepan and warm gently for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Place a non-stick saucepan over low heat. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in the pan, add the eggs, season to taste and stir gently until just scrambled. Remove from the heat. Put the bread in the toaster and arrange the sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes with the bacon, black pudding and beans on the warm plates. When the toast pops up, butter it, then put a slice on each plate and top with scrambled egg. Serve with HP sauce or tomato ketchup on the side and a pot of tea. (HP is a brown sauce similar to A-1.)
- 4NOTES: "Grill" translates to broiler.
You can order black pudding from Amazon.com.
Pork and leek sausages can be ordered online or you can substitute any other pork sausage.
Try the international section of your supermarket for the HP sauce and the black pudding.