- 2 large
- "sweet" peppers, quartered and seeded
- 2 small
- "spicy" peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 3/4 dash(es)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 c
- 4 large
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- corn tortillas, cut into 4 strips each (each strip about 2")
How to Make Chile-Cheese Quiche
- 1Roast the sweet peppers under the broiler in your oven. Put the top rack a high up as you can. Put the sweet peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast until the skin is black in many places. Remove and let cool.
- 2When peppers have cooled remove the skins (or as much as you can get off). Place peeled sweet peppers and hot peppers on baking sheet. Move the baking rack to the middle of the oven. With oven still on broil, place peppers in oven to dry out. Watch carefully so your peppers do not burn. This should take about 10 -15 minutes.
*Don't skip this step or your quiche will be mushy.
- 3While peppers are drying out in the oven, grease a pie pan. Dip strips of corn tortilla in chicken stock, then arrange over-lapping in the pie pan to make a crust.
- 4Mix the eggs, milk, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. Mix the cheeses together in another bowl.
- 5When peppers have dried, cut into smaller pieces (kitchen scissors work well for this). Sprinkle half of the cheese into the crust. Place all of the peppers on the first layer of cheese, then tinkle the rest of the cheese over it. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the cheese and peppers.
- 6Bake at 350F for 35 minutes until eggs are set. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Run knife carefully around the edge to loosen tortillas before serving pieces.