Cherry Cream Cheese Danish
2 can(s)extra cherries -cherry pie filling (3 cans if you can't find the extra cherry
2-8oz pkgcream cheese, softened
1 cpowdered sugar
4 can(s)8 count crossiant rolls
How to Make Cherry Cream Cheese Danish
- Pre-heat oven to 425*. Pour cherry pie filling into a colander and with a spatuala, gently spoon around to remove as much of the gel as possible. Set aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese with the vanilla. Gently add the powdered sugar a bit at a time to make the mixture to the consistancy of a thick frosting. You may use a little less than the cup or a little more.
- Use a LARGE nonstick cookie sheet or foil-lined sheet as this will help to transfer to a serving platter. You can make one very long loaf but two are easier to transfer to serving platters. Separate the cans of the crossiants one at at time.Lay out two cans of the crossiants with the fat side to the middle, pinching the seams together. ^v^v^v^v. Then come back with the next two cans and cover the openings. Gently use your hands or a rolling pin to roll the center for about a 3" portion to make sure there are no openings on the bottom surface.
- In the center of the dough, spoon the cream cheese mixture. Spoon the drained cherries on top of the cream cheese.
- Pull the dough up over the mixture, cross-crossing as you go, pinching the seams and covering all the mixture. If there are a few openings near the top, it won't matter. Place in the oven on the center rack to bake. I start checking the loaves at about 30 minutes for doneness but it normally takes about 45 minutes. It will depend on the moisture in the air. When the Loaf is nicely browned, all the dough should be done.