How to Make Deli-Style Rye
- 1Mix the yeast, caraway seeds, with water. let rest 5 minutes.
- 2Mix in remaining dry ingredients. No need to knead. Cover and allow to rest for about 2 hours
- 3Divide in half and shape into ovals. Place on Pizza peel covered with cornmeal. Allow to rest 40 minutes.
- 4Mean while put a broiler pan in the bottom of the oven and Hplace a pizza stone on a middle shelf. Heat oven to 450. Brush tops of bread with a cornmeal wash made of 1/2 tsp cprnstarch and 1/2 cup water nuked for 30 seconds or until glossy. Sprinkle with more saraway seeds and make a few slashes with a sharp knife.
- 5Slide onto a heated pizza stone, Pour 1 cup of hot water in a broiler pan in the bottom of the oven. Quickly close the door and bake 30 minutes or until browned. Cool and eat.