After I pressed it in the pan I made dimples with my fingers and brushed on some EVOO and just baked it like that. Enjoy.
How to Make Foccacia Bread
- 1Combine flour, sugar, salt, yeast, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil, and pepper. Then add oil and water. Mix just until dough has come together. Lay the dough out on a smooth lightly floured surface and knead until it is smooth and and looks elastic.
- 2Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Then get a large bowl and oil the sides and bottom of the bowl with olive oil. Place dough inside and lay a damp towel over the top of the bowl. Sit the bowl in a warm place and let dough rise for 20-25 minutes. ( I have made this bread twice so far and the raise time for me was about double)
- 3After the dough has risen, take it out of the bowl and punch it down. Then place it on a baking sheet or baking pan and flatten it out into a large rectangle. Brush olive oil on the top and sprinkle salt.
- 4At this point you can either top it with cheese and make foccacia bread or, you can add tomatoes, chopped bell peppers and onions, thin slice grilled chicken, and then cheese to make the best and easiest homemade pizza
- 5Pop it into the oven for 15 minutes if you’re making just the bread, or for about 16-18 minutes for the pizza.