Moms Home Made Biscuits
How to Make Moms Home Made Biscuits
- In a large bowl sift the 4 cups of self rising flour.
- Mix in shortening until it feels crumbly like cornbread mixture.
- Stir in milk a little at a time until it becomes a sticky dough, may need a little less or more than recipe calls for. My mom taught me without using measurements and thats how I make them as well, by just kind of eyeballing it until it looks right. So the measurements arent exact but close.
- Once you have a sticky dough turn out on to a floured surface put a little more flour on top and knead a couple of times( not to much though biscuits will be tough if you do) just until dough becomes smooth then roll out dough until it is about a quarter inch thick and cut with into biscuits.
- Put biscuits on a greased cookie sheet it should fill up the pan. Bake for approx. 5 minutes on 500 until bottoms are brown you have to watch them close or they will burn. Then turn on Broil and brown tops. I know this is not convintional way of baking biscuits but I promise if done right you will get the softest moist biscuits ever!