★★★★★ 1 vote5
FOR THE DIP
1/2 cranch dressing
1 Tbspdistilled white vinegar
2 tspblack pepper
1 tspfrank's hot sauce
FOR THE BEANS
2 cchicken broth
1 lbgreen beans, fresh, washed & trimmed
1 ccorn flour
1/4 tsponion powder
1/8 tspgarlic powder
·peanut or vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Green Bean Fries
- DIP: Peel, seed and chop cucumber. Puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Bring broth to a boil in a sauce pan over high heat.
- Add green beans and cook until tender about 5 minutes
- Drain beans and transfer to ice water.
- Let beans cool in ice water while preparing the breading.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk.
- In a second shallow bowl, put 1/2 cup of flour.
- In third bowl, combine corn flour, remaining 1/2 cup of flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain green beans and pat dry.
- Toss the green beans in the flour and shake off the excess.
- One at a time, dip the beans in the egg mixture, dredge in corn flour mixture. Place on lined baking sheet.
- After all beans are coated, place baking sheet in freezer until coating is set, about 30 minutes.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep pot over medium heat until oil reaches 350F.
- Fry the green beans in batches until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the beans with metal tongs onto a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Serve hot with dip.