★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cunsalted butter
1 smallcelery stalk, finely chopped
6 stalk(s)green onion, finely chopped
1/2 cflat leaf parsley, minced
1 1/2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/4 chersbsaint or pernod
1/2 cfine dried bread crumbs, preferablyfrench bread
1 lblump crab meat, picked for shell
·sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
How to Make Crab Rockefeller
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat melt butter and sauté celery, green onions and parsley until just tender, 3-5 minutes
- Reduce to medium-low, stir in Worcestershire and Tobasco cooking for about 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add liqueur and bread crumbs and cook for 5 minutes longer to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, transfer to bowl and refrigerate until set but not hard, approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter 6 shallow remekins or small baking dishes and divide the crabmeat among them reserving 6 of the largest pieces for garnish.
- Remove sauce from refrigerator. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat sauce until it is lighter in texture and aerated, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon 3-4 tablespoons of sauce over crabmeat and garnish each with piece of crabmeat.