I prefer a savory dipping sauce. If you like a sweet sauce you can use a plum sauce or a sweet and sour sauce.
- 1 pkg
- wonton skins
- 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped surimi or crab meat
- scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- onion powder
- egg white, lightly beaten or 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 c
- soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp
- sesame oil
- finely chopped scallion for garnish
How to Make Crab Rangoon
- 1Heat oil in deep fryer or deep pot to 350.
- 2Combine cream cheese, surimi or crab, scallions, sugar and onion powder until well mixed.
- 3Working with 2 wonton skins at a time and leave the rest covered in the package. You must keep the wontons covered with a damp paper towel until you are ready to fry them to keep them from drying out. Place a heaping teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture in the middle of a wonton skin. Brush edges with egg white or water. (I found using a Q-tip was perfect for this.) Fold diagonally to form a triangle and make certain edges are well sealed.
- 4Drop one at a time into hot oil. Do not overcrowd the fryer. Fry until golden brown, remove with basket or slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 5DIPPING SAUCE-Combine soy sauce and sesame oil. Sprinkle with scallions.