Gramma Dippolds Dill Pickles
4-5 qtcanning jars
50 smallpickling cucumbers
5heads (the flowering parts)you can also use 1/2 teaspoon dillweed if that's all you have
5 clovegarlic peeled
1 1/4 tspalum
1 capple cider vinegar
1/4 cplain salt (not iodized)
1 tsppicking spice per jar
How to Make Gramma Dippolds Dill Pickles
- To each jar add 1 clove garlic,the dill,1/4 teaspoon alum.Pack the scrubbed cukes into each jar as many as possible,if you'd like you may also cut the cukes into spears or chunks.
- Add the water,salt,and vinegar to a sauce pan bring to a boil.
- While this is boiling place the canning jar seals in a small pan of simmering water.They have to be wet to seal the jars.
- Ladle the brine mixture into the quart jars,right to the very top. Place seal on top of jar and seal with the ring.Place on a dishtowel,let cool no processing needed.
- If you have cukes leftover just make another batch,i usually triple this recipe.The fronds can also be used i use all the dill parts.It's just the flowers look so much prettier.