Potato Bacon Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- medium onion, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- chicken broth, 14.5 oz
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, 10 3/4 oz.
- 1 can(s)
- cream of celery soup,10 3/4 oz.
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened & cubed
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 stick
- unsalted butter
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c
- milk (for thinning, but i never use it. i like thick soup!)
- 1 pkg
- real bacon bits or cooked crumbled bacon (use the amount you like...we love bacon around here!)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onions
1Cook potatoes & onion in chicken broth along with just enough water to cover potatoes & onions. Cook until tender. (Once tender, I used a potato masher to mash a few to make the soup kinda thick. Don't mash ALL the potatoes because you still want chunks of potato in the soup!).
2Add cubes of Cream Cheese. Remove from heat until cheese is melted. Return to low/medium heat.
3Add half the bacon, soups, butter, & spices. Cook for another 10 or so minutes.
4Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese & bacon pieces. I also used a little green onion to garnish.
** I added a small handful of shredded cheddar cheese to the soup when adding the bacon, soups, butter & spices....just because we love the cheddar taste! ****
Serve HOT & Enjoy! :)