Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 qt
- kitchen basics beef stock (32 oz each)
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- baby carrots, chopped
- celery tops-throw in as is / remove later
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- white vinegar
- 2 large
- potatoes, cut into small pieces
- beets, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic powder to suit
- head of green cabbage, sliced fine
- sour cream
1Pour beef stock in large pot. Heat.
2Add next eight ingredients and cook down for about 1-1 1/2 hours. (or until beets and potatoes are soft)
3Add catsup and garlic and parsley.
4Put about 4 cups of soup in a blender (be careful-it's hot). Blend for a few seconds- twice- or until it is just a tiny bit lumpy. Pour back in pot. Take out 4 more cups and repeat.
5About 30-40 minutes before serving, add the cabbage. Cook until soft.
6Ladle Borscht into bowls and put a dollop of sour cream on top. Gently stir in and enjoy!