Thai corn and crab soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen corn kernels,thawed
- 3 c
- reduced-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- red bell pepper, cut into very thin strips
- 1 small
- jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 slice
- 1 Tbsp
- reduced-sodium fish sauce
- 3/4 lb
- fresh crabmeat, picked over to remove any shell or cardiledge
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp
- ground red pepper
1place 1 1/2 cup of corn and 1 1/2 cup of broth in a food proccesor fitted with a metal blade or blender. process until smooth. set aside.
2Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and Chile pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes add scallions and cook for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3Add the fish sauce, reserved corn-broth mixture, remaining corn kernel, and remaining 1 1/2 cups of broth. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened.
4stir in crab, cilantro, and red pepper. serve immediately