Featured Pinch Tips Video
- cucumbers, peeled, sliced
- white part or heart of lettuce, cut up
- 6 sprig(s)
- mint, or parsley, cut up
- 1 qt
- young green peas (or tomatoes, peeled & quartered)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb
- butter, cut into 6 pieces and dredged in flour
- 8 oz
- pounded spinach juice, for color
- onions, sliced
1In a soup pot add cucumbers, lettuce, onions, mint, peas; add as much water to more than cover ingredients. Season slightly with cayenne, salt and pepper; add butter.
2Boil 1 1/2 hours. In the last 20 minutes of cooking add spinach juice. Serve unstrained.