Roasted Butternut Squash and Shallot Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 c
- (1-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 tsp
- large shallots, peeled and halved
- (1/2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 c
- fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- (1-inch) slices fresh chives
- cracked black pepper (optional)
Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Cool 10 minutes.
Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender.
Blend until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan.
Repeat procedure with remaining squash mixture and broth.
Top with chives and pepper, if desired.