Potato Soup and Hard Salami
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 medium
- potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 c
- chopped carrots (optional)
- 1/2 c
- chopped onions
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- milk (or 1/2 c nonfat dry milk mixed with 1 c water)
- 2 can(s)
- chicken broth ( or 2 chicken bouillion cubes and 2 c water)
- 1 c
- grated hard salami, crumbled bacon, or diced ham
- salt and pepper to taste
1Barely cover potatoes, carrots, celery and onion with water in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Turn down heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender.
2Add milk, broth (or bouillon cubes and water), meat (if desired), and salt and pepper to potatoes
3Cover over low heat until slightly thickened, stirring often, for about 20 minutes.
Before serving, mash potatoes slightly before serving.