Curried Shrimp and Corn Chowder
A twist on the basic shrimp and corn chowder. From Southern Living.
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 large
- yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced (14 oz)
- 1 large
- sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (1 lb)
- 2 c
- fresh corn kernels, about 5 ears
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth (14 oz)
- 1 can(s)
- light coconut milk, unsweetened (13.5 oz)
- 2 tsp
- curry powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 lb
- large shrimp, fresh, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- toasted coconut
- green onions, diced
- roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1Sauté onion in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
2Add Yukon gold potatoes and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3Stir in shrimp; cook 4 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with desired toppings.