Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 can(s)
- tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 c
- water or wine (i use water)
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 lb
- beef chuck roast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium
- carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 small
- white boiling onions, whole and peeled
- 4 medium
- potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 12 large
- button mushrooms, fresh and leave whole
- beef bouillon, cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
1Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2Mix all ingredients (except tomato soup, water, flour, and beef bouillon cubes) in a roaster sprayed with Pam. (I just use my hands to mix all the ingredients together after they are in the roaster).
3Place one bouillon cube on top and at each end of the above mixture.
4Mix tomato soup, water, and flour together. Pour over top of above ingredients. Do NOT stir.
5Place lid on roaster and place in preheated oven.
6The directions said to bake for 4-5 hours, but start checking at 3 hours as mine always gets done sooner. If the meat is tender then the stew is done.
Can use sliced baby portabella mushrooms in place of button mushrooms. Use as many as you want. I'll also use baby carrots instead of the larger carrots...put in as many as you want.