White Bean and Parmesan Soup with Pesto
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- onion, peeled and cut into 16 wedges
- 2 large
- cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium
- carrots, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 lb
- prosciutto, sliced into thin strips
- 4 c
- reduced fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium
- tomatoes, medium dice
- 2 can(s)
- 15 oz each cannellini beans, drained
- 3/4 c
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 c
- homemade pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
1In a large stock pot heat oil over medium heat.
2When hot add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery and prosciutto.
3Saute for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4Stir in tomatoes and broth.
5Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
6Add the beans, simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
7Remove from heat.
8Ladle into bowls.
9Top each bowl with cheese and a tablespoon of pesto.
10Serve. Caesar Salad and Hot Italian Bread are perfect additions to this soup.