Sausage, Bean & Spinach Stew
I got the new Rachael Ray magazine in the other day and was looking through it. Found this recipe and fell in love with it.
The only thing I did different was use great northern beans instead of large white beans.
I'm gonna give a plug for Rachael Ray right now. Next to JAP, I love her website RachaelRayMag.com. There you can find tons of great recipes and even some for slow-cookers.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- dried beans, such as great northern or large white beans, rinsed and picked through
- 8 c
- chicken broth
- onion, peeled and finely chopped
- carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- ribs celery, finely chopped
- 6 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- sprigs fresh thyme
- bay leaf
- 1 lb
- sweet or spicy italian sausage, casings removed, shaped into 1/2" meatballs
- bunch spinach, trimmed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- crusty bread, for serving