Yukon and Shitake Soup with Pancetta
I initially served this to my mother because she told me she didn't like mushrooms. While her stance has not changed (that's just mom), she was sold on this dish.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 oz
- pancetta, finely chopped
- carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- celery stalk, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- yellow onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- rutabaga, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 6 oz
- shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 lb
- yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 6 c
- vegetable stock (substitute chicken stock)
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- marjoram, fresh, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1Render pancetta in stockpot over medium-low heat for approximately 5-7 minutes until fat is released.
2Add carrots, celery, onion and rutabaga, cover and cook until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes).
3Add mushrooms, potatoes and stock. Simmer for about 12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
4Add parsley add marjoram and season with salt and pepper.