Thai Glass Noodle Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- peanut oil
- 2 clove
- garlic, smashed with the side of a knife
- 2 c
- chicken stock
- 2 oz
- glass noodles, soaked for 10 minutes in cold water to soften, and drained.
- 4 oz
- ground pork, formed into 10-12 balls
- 1 Tbsp
- fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp
- dried mushroom, soaked for 10 mins in cold water to soften, shitake's are my favorite but you can use your favorite kind
- 1/2 tsp
- white pepper
- spring onion or scallion slivered lenghthways
1In a medium saucepan, heat the oil until a light haze appears. Add the garic and fry for 30 seconds. Add the soup stock, bring to a boil over high heat.
2add the pork balls and cook for approximately 1 minute. Add the noodles and stir thoroughly. Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, mushrooms and the white pepper. By this time the meat should be cooked through.
3Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl. Garnish with the spring onion and season to taste.