Hash Brown Potato Soup (Crock Pot)
I bet if you try it, you'll use it all the time, too!! :)
- 32 oz. bag of orida hash browns
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2 Tbsp
- onion flakes (or 1 tsp. onion powder)
- 1 tsp
- beef bouillon granuiles
- 2 c
- shredded super sharp cheese (not low fat)
- 1 1/2 c
- half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp
- flour (level - not heaped)
- bacon, cheese or sour cream for topping
If you turn your crockpot on at noon, your soup will be ready to thicken at 5PM!
Mix Half and Half with the flour and blend well - I use a shaker so it's really mixed good. Pour into your soup mixture and stir together easily - you don't want to smash all your cubes of potatoes.
Take the "crock" out of the "pot" and salt and pepper to taste. I never have to salt it if I use bouillon.
Be careful that it doesn't burn after you've added your cream mixture.
I did not want to garnish it, but I did want the taste of bacon in this soup, so I used a teaspoon of TASTEFULLY SIMPLE's BACON BACON and it was heavenly.
I'm not kidding here, this soup is to die for and SO easy!