Creamy Brocolli Cheese Soup
I stumbled on this at allrecipes.com. I tried it out and my family loved it. This is one of their favorite soups. It is nice to know I can make it for them with no fuss at home now.
- 1/2 c
- onion chopped small
- 2-4 c
- broccoli, frozen
- 7 1/4 c
- chicken broth (i used water with 7 boullion cubes)
- 1 lb loaf processed cheese food- cubed
- 2 c
- milk (i use evaporated milk diluted with water equals parts of each. makes creamier food a a smaller grocery bill.)
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic salt (for less sodium use garlic powder)
- 2/3 c
- 1 c
11. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook the chopped onion in the butter until soft. Stir in the brocolli and cover with the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and then set timer for 15 minutes. Simmer for the whole 15 minutes.
22. Reduce heat and stir in the cheese cubes until melted. Mix in the milk and garlic salt/powder.
33. In a small bowl combine the water and cornstarch uuntil dissolved. Stri into the soup,stirring frequently, until thick.
4**I garnished with croutons. Enjoy. The original recipe only called for 2 cups of brocolli but I found 3-4 cups works much better.