Sweet and Sassy Chili
- pound or so of ground beef
- one large onion
- 2 15-oz cans of chili hot beans
- 2 15-oz cans of “chili ready” diced tomatoes
- 1 10-oz can of rotel “chili fixin’s”
- cup or so of water
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- ¼ tsp of ground red pepper (add more for heat)
- 1 tsp of salt (or more, to taste)
- ¼ cup sorghum syrup (not molasses)
- jalapeño peppers (optional)
In 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup, or whatever, put in the diced tomatoes and RoTel. Add water to make it 4 cups (one-quart). Or you can just eyeball it in the pot.
Drain the beef/onions, pour into big pot
Pour the tomato/RoTel/water mixture into pot
Add beans, chili powder, red pepper, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt. Stir.
Bring to a boil.
Pour in the syrup, stir, bring back to boil. Stir.
Reduce heat to medium, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes.
Reduce heat to warm, cover and simmer for a while, until tomatoes are consistency you like.
(Optional: Add jalapeño peppers and pepper juice before simmering for extra kick, or add to individual servings. Add additional chili powder, red pepper, salt to taste)
Let it sit in pot off eye of stove until it reaches near room temperature.
Seal and refrigerate overnight.
Reheat next day and enjoy.