Polish Pickle Soup! or Polish Chili !
It is easy to make and enjoy!
You can substitute the sour cream with canned tomatoes (amount doesn't really matter), and you can add Polish Sausage cut up instead of the bacon or ham.
You can add colored bell peppers and carrots for color...
This recipe is a kind of Polish Chili!
Play with your food!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/3 c
- 2 large
- green onions (chopped small)
- 1 large
- onion (chopped large)
- 6 large
- potatoes (peeled, cut in 1-inch cubes or smaller)
- 5 c
- chicken broth
- 4 c
- diil pickles (cut into slices or cubes) (about 4-5 pickles)
- 1 c
- pickle juice
- 1 tsp
- each: garlic powder, ground black pepper
- 1 tsp
- each: sugar (optional), fresh dill (chopped fine) (save some dill to garnish - optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- water or broth
- 2 -3 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1/2 c
- crispy bacon crumbled large
- 1 - 2 c
- ham (cubed)
- carrots, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, zucchini
OPTIONAL SOUP INGREDIENTS
Add remaining broth, pickles, pickle juice, sugar and seasonings.
Remove lid, take out 1/2 cup of broth, slowly stir the broth into a bowl with the sour cream.
Slowly add sour cream mixture into soup pot stirring constantly.
If you want the soup thicker, add together the optional cornstarch and water in a bowl or a cup. When well mixed, slowly add to the soup pot (stirring constantly).
When thickened, remove from heat. Stir in the optional bacon or ham and serve.
At this time you can garnish with a sprig of fresh dill (optional)