Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- ground beef (chicken, turkey, moose...)
- 4 medium
- tomatoes, fresh or 2 15oz canned tomatoes, any style (stewed, cut up, whole)
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoe juice. 16 ozs tomato juice
- 1 can(s)
- kidney beans,dried , presoak or 15 oz canned ed overnight in water
- 2 medium
- bell pepper
- 3 clove
- 1 large
- cayenne pepper to taste
- red peppers, crushed to taste
- 1 sprig(s)
- cilantro, fresh
1Dice FRESH tomatoes, onions, & bell peppers.
2Brown meat with garlic and onions. Add tomatoes, beans,peppers, tomatoe juice (or reserved liquids). Bring to boil and simmer for 40 mins - hour.
3add presoaked beans, or drain beans; reserve liquids
4Add Cayenne, red pepper simmer 5 mins.
5Remove from heat add cilantro
6Slow cooker method: add everything except spices & cilantro. simmer in the crock 4- overnight. I usually start this the night before so; I do this right before I finish up in the kitchen at night.
71/2 way through or when done add spices. Add cilantro right before serving
8the peppers are for heat adjust them to your taste