Easy Crock Pot Tortilla Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped or 1c. frozen chopped onion
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- 2 c
- salsa, mild
- 1-2 lb
- chicken, boiled, skinless and shredded
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- olive oil or cooking spray to coat skillet
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded, for topping
- 1 pkg
- tortilla chips, crushed, or tortilla strips
1Boil chicken breasts, set aside to cool.
2Saute onion and garlic in olive oil or cooking spray in a skillet until onions are translucent.
3In a Crock Pot, shred the chicken and add onion and garlic mixture, chicken broth, salt, pepper and salsa. (You can add more garlic at this step if you like)
4Simmer in Crock Pot on low 4-6 hours or 2-4 hours on high.
5Break up chips in bottom of individual bowls, spoon soup over chips, add cheese to taste and garnishes such as; Cheddar cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, minced onion, or minced jalapeno peppers.