Chicken Spinach and Bean Soup
Angela (Grammy) Derby
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tsp
- extra-virgin olive oil
- leeks, white and light green parts only)cut into 1/4" rounds
- 1 pkg
- (small) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- dried sage (if you use fresh sage, increase to 1 tbsp., chopped)
- 2 (14oz) can(s)
- cans chicken broth (i use reduced sodium)
- 2 c
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 (15oz) can(s)
- cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 (2lb.)
- roasted or rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1-1 1/2 c
- d'italini pasta
1Heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for a few minutes or until leeks are tender.
2Stir in sage, broth and water, cover and bring to a boil.
3Add rinsed beans and chicken. Cook uncovered, about 3-5 minutes. Add fresh spinach.
4Serve in a bowl, over D'Italini pasta, rice or noodles.