Chicken and Rice Soup - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
The last couple of days I've had a scratchy throat. Chicken and Rice Soup just seemed to be the right medicine.
I make my Chicken and Rice soup very much like I make Chicken and Dumplings. I start with a chicken broth, chicken, some veggies and seasoning to taste. Only difference is I add rice for Chicken and Rice or dumplings for Chicken and Dumplings.
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 to 3 qt
- water or chicken broth (if using water, add 3 chicken bouilon cubes)
- 2 to 3
- nice size chicken breast
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped (i have used dried
- 1/2 stick
- celery stalks, diced or sliced
- 2 large
- carrots sliced
- seasonings of choice (i used oregano, cayenne pepper)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 c
- long grain rice, uncooked