Cabbage and Hamburger Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 lg. onions, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4" thick coins
- 3 stalks celery, diced fine
- 8 cups beef broth or bouillon
- 1 head cabbage, shredded (1 1/2 to 2 lbs.)
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 3 t. chopped fresh dill or parsley
- sour cream
1Brown beef in kettle with onion, carrots, and celery.
2Pour off any fat. Add broth and bring to boil. Stir in cabbage and tomato paste. Reduce heat.
3Cook covered for about 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with dill or parsley and serve with sour cream on top. Serves 6 to 8
Source: MY Old Recipes